Benefits of membership include:
1. Regional protocol workshops and other events to attend
2. Members-only protocol “Resource List” of books and other resources
3. Members-only “Protocol Prose Book Club”
4. Job announcements
5. Webinars (coming soon!)
6. Advance information about our annual conference, the PDI-POA Education Forum
7. Member-discounted registration to the PDI-POA Education Forum
7. Professional networking with other protocol professionals
8. Contact information of other members in an on-line directory
9. Quarterly newsletter
10. “Ask the Experts” program: Your questions answered by experienced members
11. Weekly President’s Email message
12. Option to be listed on the members-only on-line Protocol Consultants/Trainers/Speaker list
For a printable version of the benefits of becoming a member of Protocol & Diplomacy International – Protocol Officers Association (PDI-POA), click on the PDF below to download digital flyer.
Membership in PDI-POA is open to professionals in the field of protocol who currently serve, or have previously served, as Protocol Officers and to other professionals for whom protocol is a significant part of their responsibilities. Here are some reasons why organizations depend on protocol officers.
Members may work for any level of government (federal/national, state/province county, city, military, ports, airports, dignitary protection/liaison units in law enforcement agencies, foreign service officers, diplomats or consular officials), universities/colleges (public or private), corporations, museums/cultural institutions, international trade or diplomatic organizations (e.g., United Nations) and independent consultants who provide training and advice in the area of protocol and diplomacy.
Benefits of membership include discounted registration for PDI-POA’s annual International Educational Forum, quarterly newsletters, weekly letters from the President, access to PDI-POA’s resource/reference list, protocol experts for consultation and networking with protocol professionals from around the world.
PDI-POA requires that all candidates for membership fill out a New Membership Application Form and submit a resume/CV for review by the Membership Committee. The application form is available here as a PDF (PDI-POA Application 2016-8-1b). If, after reviewing your materials the Membership Committee determines that you are not eligible for membership, you will be notified by email.
Category Dues Term/Stipulation
Individual $200.00 USD One year
Individual $550.00 USD Three years
Organizational $175.00 USD per person. One year
Must include three (3) or more persons; administrative fee of $50.00 USD applies once
Young Professional $100.00 USD Must be 25 years or younger
- Fill out application (there is a one-time $50.00 USD processing fee).
- Submit resume or CV with the application to the membership committee at the address on the application.
- Once approved, a welcome notification will be made, along with instructions for logging onto the member’s only website
- Membership fees are due by the one year or three year anniversary date